Tuilaepa Aiono Sailele Malielegaoi has been Prime Minister of Samoa since 1998. Previously, he was the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance. As an economist by profession, he worked for the European Economic Community and Coopers & Lybrand before being elected to the Samoan parliament in 1980.
Goals and Objectives
- To enhance and strengthen our supporting role to effectively service office of the Head of State, Council of Deputies, The Prime Minister and Ministry.
- To develop and strengthen the “Policy Implementation and Monitoring Unit” to provide policy advice and leadership direction for effective and efficient government decision-making.
- Continue to provide analytically independent advice to the Prime Minister and Cabinet on all immigration matters such as citizenship, border control, passports and entry permits as well, develop and enhance systems to monitor and evaluate the implementation of immigration policies in order to provide satisfactory service to the public.
- To ensure the effective and efficient operations of the Cabinet and Executive Council to facilitate an informed decision making process in accordance with Government policies, legislation, processes and procedures.
- To identify, develop and conduct led investigations on transnational organized crime as well as analyze and asses information on border protection issues.
- To provide the public and relevant stakeholders with quality information on all government related issues, both local and international level.
- To ensure the community is serviced and update with accurate, informative and quality information with regards to Government developments and events of national interest.
- To be effective as the central channel of information to and from Government at the national level and sole administrator of the Government of Samoa Official Website
- To effectively manage the Public Sector Improvement Facility, aimed at improving service delivery of public sector agencies via institutional strengthening initiatives.